Adventure Box is developing a streamed, multiplayer, 3D game platform and social network for mobile and desktop web browsers. New users can quickly create and edit 3D voxel-based games, and share them with friends. An ecosystem of content sharing nurtures creativity and fun.
Are you a talented UI Designer with ambitions to work and thrive at the cutting edge? Our product is young, and has a lot of growth ahead.
About Adventure Box
Adventure Box faces many interesting UX research, UX design, and UI design challenges, in part because our market is huge. More kids, more adults, and more nationalities can be reached through desktop and mobile browsers than through a downloaded application. UX research informs us where users hit confusion (so we can fix that), find delight (so we can emphasize that), and achieve creative flow (so we can enhance that). UX design streamlines our onboarding, making, and sharing. UI design helps us provide seamless interactivity on mobile and desktop, with visual cues and consistency that inspires user delight and long term retention.
UI Designer Role
We are looking for a talented UI Designer to create amazing user experiences. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI skills, and be able to translate requirements into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
- Collaborate with product designers and engineering to define and implement innovative user interface solutions
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user-friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- 5 years of professional UI design experience.
- Demonstrable design skills with a strong portfolio.
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, and site maps
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- UI design experience from the entertainment industry
- Experience in design for either social games or apps
- 1+ shipped or online video game title
About working with us
We are a growing startup, and more career opportunities come with that. We are large enough that the company can help you grow, but small enough that everyone will notice your contributions. Emanuel, one of our engineers, says “Adventure Box is in the sweet spot in its startup journey, funding is secured for a good time frame. So it is safe to take a leap and join something with great potential.”
Adventure Box is located in Stockholm, Sweden.
Sound like a good fit? Great! Click the Apply link to let us know you are interested. Please submit CVs and cover letters in English. Not the right fit? Don’t worry, there are lots more opportunities. Please consider sharing this opportunity with others in your network.